CALL FOR PAPERS
The 17th International Conference on Systems, Signals and Image Processing, IWSSIP 2010 is co-organized by UFF (Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil), in co-operation with
SBC, ABCM, IEEE Latin America Transactions and IEEE Region 9/Latin American/South Brazil Section and Bahia Section.
As incorporated in its name, IWSSIP used to be a workshop meeting. However, it has evolved to be a conference in the course of time. The Program Committee has therefore
decided to change its official designation, but, considering the historical values exhibited by this event, the traditional abbreviation shall be maintained further on.
The program includes keynote and invited lectures by eminent international experts, peer reviewed contributed papers, invited sessions on related topics, industrial
presentations and exhibitions around, but not limited, to the topics of IWSSIP. The IWSSIP 2010 program will also include a variety of special sessions and tutorials devoted to recent and
important developments in the field.
The authors of most innovative papers will be invited to submit an extended manuscript, for possible publication in the special issue based on the IWSSIP, of the
CiSE = Computing in Science and Engineering (ISSN: 1521-9615 , Qualis B1, Impact Factor = 0.973),
ICAE = Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering (ISSN 1069-2509, Qualis B2, Impact factor=2.042),
IJNS = International Journal of Neural Systems. (ISSN 0129-0657 Qualis B2, Impact factor=2.988),
Mathematical Problems in Engineering (Impact Factor = 0.545),
International Journal of Innovative Computing and Applications (ISSN - Online: 1751-6498 - ISSN - Print: 1751-648X) and
International Journal of Signal and Imaging Systems Engineering (ISSN - Online: 1748-0701 - ISSN - Print: 1748-0698) .
- 1. Signal Processing: General techniques and algorithms; Filter Bank Theory; Non-linear Systems; Digital Transforms; Multidimensional Signal Processing;
- 2. Technologies: Neural Networks; Fuzzy Systems; Expert Systems; Genetic Algorithms; Data Fusion.
- 3. Multimedia Content Processing: Speech Processing and Recognition, Audio Enhancement, Restoration and Analysis, Image Representation and Modeling, Image
Restoration and Enhancement; Color Vision, 3D Vision, Image and Video Analysis; Pattern Recognition; Watermarking, New Media.
- 4. Multimedia Data Compression: Speech and Audio Compression, Image and Video Coding, Scalable Techniques, Standards.
- 5. Multimedia Systems: Human Factors, Multimodal Interfaces, Networked Multimedia, Seamless Audiovisual Networks, Multimedia Services; Multimedia Servers;
Multimedia Streaming, Wireless and Mobile Multimedia, Universal Multimedia Access, Right Protection and Management.
- 6. Content Description: Metadata and Media Abstracts, Audiovisual Databases.
- 7. Computer graphics and visualization: Computer vision, integral photography, image processing and pattern recognition, GPU computation, graphical human
computer interfaces, geometric modeling, computer aided geometric design, computational geometry, animation and graphical interaction, object oriented graphics, parallel and distributed
graphics, GIS systems and others.
- 8. Implementations: Analog and Digital Circuits and Systems for Audio, Image and Video Processing; Architectures and VLSI Hardware; Programmable Signal
Processors; Real-time Software.
- 9. Applications: Bioinformatics; Broadcasting; Control; Communications; Digital Production; Medical; Opto-mechatronics; Remote Sensing; Robotics; Speech;
Television; Telepresence; e-learning; Virtual Reality; Digital Microscopy; Materials Characterization; Educational Systems; System Evaluators.